Wednesday, September 16, 2009

One last Cedar Point memory... Berardi's French Fries!




Summer is almost over, and soon Cedar Point will wrap up another season.
After all that blogging about Cedar Point back in June, I forgot to mention one of the best things about the place... delicious Berardi's French Fries! You could get them at Cedar Point from 1942 until 1978 at their stand.

After Cedar Point chased out all the mom-and-pop food vendors, the Berardi family opened up several restaurants in Erie County featuring their fries. My wife and I go to the one in Huron on US 6 right next to the bridge. To visit their website, click here.
Old timers will remember that before the restaurant became Berardi's, it was a root beer drive-in. To rekindle memories of that place, click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNEW the name Berardis French Fries rang a bell!
I remember the Berardis at Cedar Point but had forgotten the name.
They have a mobile stand at Summit Motorsports Park (Norwalk Dragway)every year. That name has always meant great, fresh cut french fries to me, but I couldn't remember why.
Thanks so much for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

I worked at CP in the late 70s and loved these fries. We often made a meal of them. YUM!

Cedar Point Food Blog said...

Cedar Point is slowly adding back more leased franchises into the park. This year they will add Chickie's and Pete's, famous for their crab fries. While we may never see Berardi's again within the park, it's good to see options coming into the park, albeit at a price.