Thursday, November 19, 2009

Oberlin Avenue Shopping Strip Question!


I mentioned a few days ago that I was going to post a question here about the old Oberlin Avenue strip of businesses. As you can see by the photo above, I've zoomed in a little more on the specific building of interest! (I'll bet you thought I was going to ask something about old-time businesses Steve's Shoe Repair or Super's Tavern, since the first photo was a wide angle shot. Ooh, I'm such a sneak!)
No, the specific part of the building I'm interested in is the spot right between the two Lorain landmarks: Yala's Pizza and Dom & Luigi's Barber Shop! As you can see, there's nothing there now. But there was in 1972 – and only for about a year or so! It left an impression on me as a kid – and maybe you too! Can you name that business?
Be sure to post your guesses/thoughts/indifference by clicking on the 'comments' link and then going from there!

1 comment:

-Alan D Hopewell said...

Wasn't that Atlas Cycle?