Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas 1960: Willow Hardware Ad

Here's a nice tall ad for the much-missed Willow Hardware from December 1960. (Click on it for a super-sized version.) As a graphic designer, I love the 1950s typography for the "Merry Christmas" as well as the Willow Hardware logo itself.

The ad is interesting in that it points out that you can park free with no meters. I guess it was a real competition at that time between Lorain's downtown stores, the big shopping centers (like Sheffield Center, Westgate and Oakwood) and the little shopping strips (like the Willow Shopping Center, where Willow Hardware was located.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need info desperately! Help! The Doctor that used to do business in the building now occupied by Subway on Oberlin Ave. His last name was Dickason. I need to know who took his patient records when he retired his practice. I can't find anything about him.