Monday, May 3, 2010

Yeager's Acres 1970 ad

Since I'm temporarily stuck on vintage restaurants again as the topic of this blog, it's a good time to post this clipping, which I found on microfilm at the library.

Last year in this post I mentioned a local restaurant that was a favorite of my grandparents, namely Yeager's Acres. It was located at the intersection of Kolbe Road and Cooper Foster Park Road, the current location of my family doctor's office.

Since then, I found this ad for Yeager's Acres in the business section of the Lorain Journal of September 21, 1970. (Click on it so you can read it.) It's one of those ads that masquerade as an actual article. I like those types of ads, though, because they provide a detailed window into the subject matter that you don't get from a simple boxed ad – and that's important when you're trying to research something that's been gone for almost forty years.

Anyway, the ad literally puts a friendly face on the day-to-day operations of Yeager's Acres and maybe a loyal patron of the restaurant will stumble upon this blog and get a kick out of it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to get a Roy Rogers, breaded veal and vanilla ice cream for dessert. MMmmmmmmmmmm......I could taste them now!

Hoy hoy,

Jeff Rash

Dan Brady said...

Thanks for the comment, Jeff! I'm glad SOMEBODY remembers eating there! I can barely remember what I ate last week! (Although looking at the picture, I think I'd remember the peacock wallpaper!)

Anonymous said...

In the early to late 60's, my dad would take the family there after church every Sunday. I was a pre-teen at the time.

They had a hugh Fisherman's Platter that was to die for...especially the fried clams. The whole menu was comfort food to the max. Thanks for posting this!

KD said...

That's my mother.

DKanzeg said...

My all time fave was chicken in a basket. Had it many times there.