Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Castle On-The-Lake Part 3

Here's a vintage postcard of The Castle On-The-Lake, followed by how it looks today as El Arriero Mexican Restaurant.



There's been a few structural modifications (I kind of miss that suit of armor in the window) but otherwise the building still looks great, and the signage was tastefully applied.

For a comparison, here's what it looked like back when it was the Castle Feast.


I had forgotten those trees, and didn't even miss them in the newest photo. So I guess the building has come full circle.

****
UPDATE – December 2015
Click here to bring up all of my posts through the years about the Castle on the Lake. (It also brings up posts that just mention it, but you can scroll past those.)

4 comments:

Ken said...

The place would have made such a great White Castle (yum).

Anonymous said...

My cousins owned this when it was Castle on the Lake and then a few years into it being a Mexican restaurant. The upstairs was their living area and it was beautiful! We had family reunions there for years.

Anonymous said...

went there for our prom dinner in 1960. So romantic

Don said...

I worked at Castle-On-The-Lake during my senior year, 1980-81.