Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Streator Park – From the Air!

My final look at Streator Park and the former Carnegie Library is a bird's eye view – well, actually a couple of views.

This great 1924 aerial photo is courtesy of Dennis Lamont, local historian and archivist who, fortunately for me, enjoys sharing! Gee, this picture would have come in handy when I was trying to find out where that circular fountain was! It's easy to find in this photo. (Click on it for a closer look.)


And blog pal Bob Kovach sent me this comparison of a 1962 aerial view from historicaerials.com and a recent one from the bing.com search engine. (Give a click also!) I guess judging by this photo, the fountain was gone by 1962, so I was a little bit late looking for it!

Lastly, here's the full bing aerial.


Thanks, guys, for the images!

1 comment:

-Alan D Hopewell said...

I'm not sure, Dan, but the bandstand might have been built over the fountain.