Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

New Year's Greeting for 1910
Here's a few great New Years postcards from the CardCow vintage postcard website. They all feature Father Time and Baby New Year.

I always felt a little bad for the old year character. He has to hit the road, unloved, and unceremoniously replaced by the new kid in town. (Very representative of our society, which doesn't always treat its seniors right!) In the card above, it looks like he is skedaddling for cover while being dive-bombed by the stork! 
Here's another one (postmarked December 1909), with a clever modern-for-its-time streetcar theme. Baby New Year looks like he had a growth spurt on the ride in. 

And here's one more, celebrating the arrival of 1909.
Why do I get the feeling that the cocksure tyke was flattened a few seconds after being handed the Big Blue Marble?

Anyway, here's hoping YOU have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

2 comments:

Dorene from Ohio said...

Happy New Year to you! I included your blog in a listings of blogs I really appreciate.

Dan Brady said...

Hi Doreen! Happy New Year to you too. Thanks for including my blog, I recently added yours to my list along the right side! Your blog always has something interesting, it is getting me thinking about doing some more family tree research.