Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter 1963

Although my three siblings will probably kill me, I just had to post this classic 'all dressed up for Easter' photo, taken in front of my grandparents' house in Lorain on Easter 1963. (I guess we didn't make it down to Lakeview Park that year.)

I'm the second from right. The guy chomping down on the plastic pipe is my older brother Ken, who recently did a guest blogger stint here about some of his steel mill experiences. Sue and Ed round out the foursome.

I wonder if little kids' sports coats still have patches with insignia on them?

By the way, my grandparents' house on Sixth Street went up for sale a couple of years ago. Since it was sold after my grandmother died in the early 1970s, I hadn't been in there in forty years. The listing agent at the time (Andrea Neal) was nice enough to set up a viewing for my mother and me.

It brought back a lot of memories, especially of wandering around that Sixth Street neighborhood during visits. The old houses, especially the one fronting Oberlin Avenue and surrounded by an iron fence, used to seem somewhat creepy to me as a kid.

1 comment:

-Alan D Hopewell said...

Easter was one of the reasons I hate getting dressed up to this day....can't play, lay on the floor to read, can't do NUTHIN' but wear those uncomfortable suits, and that farshimmelt tie!