Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Demolition Aftermath Update: 5475 E. Lake Road in Sheffield Lake

Back here, I wrote about "the Vanishing Sheffield Lake Cottages," my observation that the city's tiny, original vacation homes (that eventually became full-time residences) were beginning to slowly disappear.

A few cottages at 5475 E. Lake Road in Sheffield Lake (just west of the 103rd O.V.I. grounds) had been put up for sale in 2011. That's an aerial view of them above, with the property outlined and marked with a red pin.

It took almost three years, but the cottages were finally torn down. Here is my shot from September 2014 (below).

Anyway, while coming back from photographing the house in Avon Lake from yesterday's post, I stopped to see the progress on the new Sheffield Lake home that replaced the torn-down cottages. Here's my shot (below).
It's an interesting location for a large, modern house with the small cottages to the west, and the historic buildings of the 103rd O.V.I. to the east.

No comments: