|Illustration scanned from a Brilliant Electric Signs ad from a 1968 scorecard|
I first wrote about going to those games back here.
Since that post, I discovered that I had a bunch of ticket stubs from those games.
It looks like we saw at least one game each year from 1968 to 1971, when we saw two.
The games were:
• August 29, 1968 – Indians vs Minnesota (a loss, 3-2)
• July 26, 1969 – Indians vs Minnesota again (a win, 6-3)
• August 29, 1970 – Indians vs California Angels (a win, 14-1)
• July 31, 1971 – Indians vs Oakland Athletics (a loss, 9-1)
• August 21, 1971 – Indians vs Chicago White Sox (a win, 9-4)
But the best ad is still the one from radio station WERE that includes this illustration (below), in which Chief Wahoo apparently used a player from the opposing team for batting practice.
For more Chief Wahoo fun, you can revisit my post about the 1949 Cleveland Indians Sketch Book.